In thinking about what I wanted for 2017, the one word that kept popping into my head was Focus. So, I guess I have a word of the year! I think my plans for 2017 really stem from this word and I will try to remember it as the year goes on. I’m going to break this down by area.
- Stash and Projects: I’m going to focus on what I have, both in my stash and in my land of Forgotten Projects.
- I’m only buying yarn if I need it for a commissioned piece or gift.
- Exception: Travel yarn, because I might be going to L’Oisive The this summer 🙂
- I have to finish 5 UFO’s before I can cast on something new for myself – NO exceptions!
To help with this area I’m participating in 17ufosin2017 which is being hosted by pomegranate and chintz so here’s my list:
- SBB Mitts – which was part of the 2016 Indie Designer Gift-A-Long
- Rainy Season Mitts – a test knit I did last year but only had to complete one mitt
- Turtle Journey Shawl – a KAL I started in 2015
- Werifesteria Shawl – a KAL I did last year
- Striped socks – started these over the summer
- Shiney Penny Cowl – I cast this on last year with handspun I got from a friend
- Derecho – the bain of my existence, I cast this on in May, 2014
- I Smell Snow socks – these are my work socks and I started them late 2016
- Christmas socks – cast on during Advent 2016
- Peace Cowl – this was the Peace-A-Long that was held during December
- Pussy Hat – for the Women’s March!!!
- Sunny the Snowman – new pattern by Susan Claudino
- Baable hat – cast on in 2016 because I could not resist the kit put together by Knerd Shop
- Kindness Shawl – this is a KAL being hosted by Knit Circus
- Cabled Cowl – I had this picked out and ready to go with yarn I got in Hawaii in 2014
- Citrus Slice dishcloth – I need new dishclothes and I will talk more about this during the year
- Head in the Clouds Hat – I bought yarn for this sometime last year so decided to get it cast on so it could be part of the 17.
Here they are in photos!
The plan is to get one of the “little” things done each month and continue to chip away at the bigger, shawl type projects. I finished my Pussy Hat so one down, 16 more to go!
2. Tech editing – I’ve finished 2 of Joeli’s classes to learn how to tech edit and I’m going to be able to have her as a mentor for this year so I want to really focus on building my business. Expect more on this as the year progresses!
3. Other ventures – I will still continue to sell items. My plan for this year is to really focus (there it is again) on tech editing and then I can continue to add to it. There are a couple of small craft shows in town and I’m going to try and participate in at least one with my hand knit, Cleveland sports teams themed ornaments. There are still some other things I would like to do but focus!