Another month and two more FO’s! That makes 4 for the year and I’m almost to five which means I can cast on something new. At this point, I’m still getting a finishing high so while I have my eye on a few things I’m planning on keeping it up.
My first FO is the Kindness Shawl by Jaala Spiro. This was designed for her Knit Circus gradient yarn, and as much as I really want to get my hands on that I stuck to my “use stash” rule. In my stash I had a gradient kit from Fiber Optics Yarn that I bought at Estes Park in the Wild Thyme colorway. I had been waiting for just the right thing for it and this was it! The pattern called for 415-430 yards of fingering and the gradient set had 450 yards.
This was my first time knitting with a number of mini skeins and I thought I was going to run out of yarn the whole time I was knitting. Those little skeins don’t seem to go so far but I had plenty. I wanted to make sure I used all the colors so I added an extra lace repeat and ended up with a teeny, tiny ball left so it was perfect! Wild Thyme goes from a blue/purple to a bright, light green.
The pattern is free! I’m not sure if it was the mini skeins or the pattern or the combo but it was a really fun knit. The nice folks at Knit Circus are running a KAL for the pattern and are donating to two different charities for the first 100 finished shawls through March 1st. Spreading more knitting kindness through the world.
I still need to block out the lace but it’s pretty even before blocking!!!
My other FO is a little less exciting. I’m hoping to replace all my worn out (and poorly knit) dishclothes. I did this one real quick – it’s the Citrus Slice Dishcloth by Bernat. I used some kitchen cotton from my stash. I saw on Instagram Colorado Knits is knitting a montly themed dishcloth each month for a friend and I loved this idea so I may get some more cotton and figure out some more monthly themes. I think this lemon slice is perfect for June!
So, quick list update:
- SBB Mitts – which was part of the 2016 Indie Designer Gift-A-Long – DONE!
- Rainy Season Mitts – a test knit I did last year but only had to complete one mitt
- Turtle Journey Shawl – a KAL I started in 2015
- Werifesteria Shawl – a KAL I did last year
- Striped socks – started these over the summer
- Shiney Penny Cowl – I cast this on last year with handspun I got from a friend
- Derecho – the bain of my existence, I cast this on in May, 2014
- I Smell Snow socks – these are my work socks and I started them late 2016
- Christmas socks – cast on during Advent 2016
- Peace Cowl – this was the Peace-A-Long that was held during December
- Pussy Hat – for the Women’s March!!! – DONE!
- Sunny the Snowman – new pattern by Susan Claudino
- Baable hat – cast on in 2016 because I could not resist the kit put together by Knerd Shop
- Kindness Shawl – this is a KAL being hosted by Knit Circus – DONE!
- Cabled Cowl – I had this picked out and ready to go with yarn I got in Hawaii in 2014
- Citrus Slice dishcloth – I need new dishclothes and I will talk more about this during the year – DONE!
- Head in the Clouds Hat – I bought yarn for this sometime last year so decided to get it cast on so it could be part of the 17.
Moving right along!! Bonus – no new cast ons this month and no yarn bought!! Yes, I’ve gone 2 whole months so far!!!