Ah, end of the month, time to figure show off this month’s finished objects (yes, plural, again!). There’s been a lot of change going in my life as of late and I believe that has crept its way into my knitting, or more specifically, my knitting time. Starting to get back in the groove so that’s a good thing.
It must have been end of April or the start of May when the 3 Color Cashmere Cowl swept through my knitting group. The pattern is by Joji Locatelli and I love a ton of her patterns. The photos for this particular pattern, along with the yarn colors from Miss Babs really make you want to cast one on immediately. I took a peek at the kits Miss Babs had done and they were just a little out of my price range so I favorited the pattern and moved on. Shortly after that, C from my knitting group was checking out the new Malabrigo Silkpaca and thought it would be perfect for the cowl. After we all checked out the pattern we all decided to make one. It was a new shipment and my LYS had a great selection of colors and there was something for everyone. I think only two of us have finished so far and we love them!!! I entered mine in the Fluffy Fibers gentlealong in which she encouraged us to knit (or craft) something that would help us be gentle to ourselves. What a lovely idea! And knitting with a silk/alpaca blend in these fun colors really did allow me to be gentle to myself. The pattern was super fun and went so much faster than I anticipated considering it was knit on a size 3 needle. The different sections keep your interest and, let’s face, you’re just knitting to get to the pop color when you start! I did not enjoy the lace section. I’m not much of a lace knitter and there was a weird stitch in it that really did make me happy. I will admit that I omitted one repeat of the lace of section but I think it still turned out okay!
The photo on the left is before a bit of light blocking. I was not going to block but C. told me she had just done some light blocking and it helped a lot. I think the blocking did make a difference. I used the steam setting on my iron and dampened the cowl and held the iron above it while stretching it a bit. I’ve already used it at work to keep my neck warm because there is a fan that blows directly on me right now.
The next FO is the infamous pair of socks that was subject of last week’s post. I have to say that with as many problems as I had with that second sock, it was by far my best effort at kitchner stitch ever. I was shocked! But, I love the socks and can’t wait to wear them when fall rolls around!
I had to get a close up of the killer kitchner I did on that toe!! As I was checking out the picture of the finished socks, I think I realized what my stripe issue was – I think I used a different number of stitches on the second sock. You can see the sock on my right leg it a bit more stretched out. I have a feeling I played with the number of stitches on the leg and did not bother to write it down. That will teach me a lesson (hopefully!)